UKCRC MMM 2012 conference
The date for the UKCRC MMM 2012 conference is on Monday 3rd December 2012. Currently the conference will be held in Oxford at the Martin Wood Complex, Clarendon Laboratory, Parks Road, OX1 3PU (no. 28 in science map) and dinner at St Cross College, St. Giles, OX1 3LZ (see city centre map), which is a short 10 minute walk away from the conference venue. Invites will be sent out in spring/summer 2012.
UKCRC MMM Artist in Residence
Artist Anna Dumitriu is funded by the Leverhulme Trust Artist in Residence Award to work with the UKCRC "Modernising Medical Microbiology" consortium at The University of Oxford. She will spend a year shadowing scientists on the project and investigating their work. For further information please see her website, that describes her work.
- University Oxford News Report 6th March 2012 - Genetic changes tracked as bacteria become a fatal infection
- University Oxford News Report 8th February 2012 - Most hospital C. difficile cases have not spread from other patients
- Times Online 4th Jan 2010 - Scientists turn DNA detectives to track spread of hospital superbugs Oxford BRC Public Open Day 18th March 2010 and 17th March 2011
- Nature Medicine review of project - Dolgin E, (2010). Sequencing of superbugs seen as key to combating their spread.
Collaborators and Centres
- Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine(NDM)
- Infectious Diseases & Microbiology Group, Experimental Medicine Division (NDM)
- Statistics Experimental Laboratory
- Oxford Biomedical Research Centre
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Oxford Centre for Gene Function
- Health Protection Agency (HPA)
- Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
- Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics